Monday, January 3, 2011

Nick's Garage Project

So back in November Nick and my dad put up pegboard in the garage and built a workbench.  Well with the recent spell of cold weather, holidays, and life getting in the way Nick never got back to finish organizing the workbench.  Today he had the day off from work, the weather was nice, and Mia and I left him alone and this is what he got done.

So this is what it looked like when he left to go to Harbor Freight and Lowes to get supplies.



So he measured all the tools and figured out where he wanted them.  To anal for me but whatever!


Then he took a piece of wood (Birch I think) and snapped a chalk line down the center.  Not sure why he did this he has this laser level thingie that he got from my dad.


Then came drill time!  After marking out where each tool was going to go he marked the Birch and then drilled all the pilot holes.


Then came time to drill each tools hole.  Some holes were 1/4 of a inch, other's 1/2 and a few were even 3/4, but most of them were 3/8 of a inch.  No sure why he had to make them all different, oh well.


After the holes were drilled up onto the pegboard it went. 


After a little time  moving things around and rearranging things on the pegboard this is where he finished up.  I was not sure what he was after when he told me what he was going to do, not to bad if I say so myself!  And to think he used a drill, a chalk line, sander and a tape measure all unsupervised ;-)



I must say I am proud of him!!  It looks good.







No comments: